Tuesday, July 7, 2015

It's good to be a Gregory

My parents are off in Ireland so this year's glorious long 4th of July weekend was spent partying with the Greg's. And when I say partying I mean it.
 
Like Lagoon from 11 AM to 11 PM? One nonstop party. We even rode the CANNIBAL opening day and lived to tell about it. Jude joined us too, my 9 year old nephew AKA my new hero.
 
Oh and side note: forgive my lack of photos, I'm going through this phase where I'm not in the mood. I just want to live in the moment you know? Glad Bren snapped a few that I stole off his phone.
 
 
The first ride after Laguna Beach and a gourmet picnic by Martha Stewart-- I mean my mother in law. We were PUMPED.
 
 
Ezra, who calls it "Magoon" got off this kid's rollercoaster when it was over, turned to the worker running the ride, pointed back at it and said, "You know what?! That was so awesome!" Experiencing Lagoon through the eyes of a 4 year old will kind of melt your heart. Now let's take on Disneyland... :)
 
 
And then there was York, who was just happy to be there, despite probably sweating to death in his stroller all day. The older he gets, he looks more and more like Ez, and that makes me very, very, happy.
 
 
Happy campers is RIGHT.
 
 
Just when they thought their day couldn't get any better, Minions joined the party.
 
 
We both realized we're getting old when the Samurai made us a little queasy for the first time. That, or those spinny-twisty rides are getting wilder than they used to be.
 
 
And then we celebrated America at none other than Sugarhouse Park. This year, I had a little more love and pride for my country than usual. Going outside the country will do that to you. There is no place like home and I love these Gregory summer traditions.
 
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. where are your shorts from? so cute! looks like such a fun fourth :)

    xo, k
    pocket of blossoms

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new roller coaster at Lagoon looks totally scary! Ahhhh! You are brave for riding it!

    ReplyDelete