Monday, November 11, 2013

One of the things I love the very most...





I always wonder how personal I want to get on here. But then I remember that this is my online journal, and I need to write things that I never ever want to forget.

Like a few nights ago, when Brennan came home after getting a hair cut from our sister-in-law. It was late and he had been gone a lot longer than I thought he would, and I was laying in bed. He came home, into the bedroom, gave me the biggest hug and started crying.

He had just had a long conversation with our sister-in-law about our darling little niece Greta, and how she is kind of struggling at school. Greta is an angel. She is special. She wasn't supposed to walk or talk, and she is the Gregory's little miracle. I'm so lucky to know her.

He sat and cried and told me that at Parent Teacher Conference, the teacher said that the other kids have a hard time understanding her, she plays alone at recess, and that she can't put on her own coat. Her older brother Jude will ask his teacher if he can go to the bathroom and will go check on his little sister. If that doesn't melt your heart I don't know what will.

I have always loved a grown man who would cry, and one of the things I love the very most about my Brennan is how sensitive, loving, and emotional he is. I love how much he loves and worries about his little niece and nephews. I asked him that night what he's going to do when it's our own kids, and he said he "won't even be able to handle it."

Could he be any cuter?


1 comment:

  1. This is such a wonderful story! I even teared up a little as I read it!

    ReplyDelete