Monday, March 30, 2015

My love affair with the reformer...

I have a big fat giant crush on this exercise method and this machine.
 
 
Here's why:
 
- The options are ENDLESS with this incredible machine. Exercises can be done lying down, sitting, standing, pulling the straps, pushing the footbar, perched on the footbar, perched on the shoulder blocks, with additional equipment, upside down, and sideways... just to name a few.
 
-It promotes LENGTH, STRENGTH, FLEXIBILITY, and BALANCE.
 
-It improves posture, relieves back pain, and is easy on your joints.
 
-It is NOT just for women! In fact a man invented it, almost a century ago. I am DYING to get Bren on one of these machines so he can fall in love with it too.
 
-It burns sooooo good.

-It's a blast (especially jumpboard--yes there is a trampoline attachment)! I look forward to every single class, when I used to DREAD the gym.
 
 
 
 
 

"Pilates is a system of over 500 controlled exercises that engage the mind and condition the total body. It is a balanced blend of strength and flexibility training that improves
posture, reduces stress and creates long, lean muscles without bulking up. Pilates works several muscle groups simultaneously through smooth, continuous motion, with a particular concentration on strengthening and stabilizing the core. The focus is on quality of movement rather than quantity, which makes one feel invigorated rather than exhausted after a session."
 
 
Have I convinced you to try it yet?

Now here's a video of a Victoria's Secret model doing the same move I tried for the first time in the picture above. I'll get to her level someday (or at least tell myself that HA).
 
xoxo
 




4 comments:

  1. i love all different kinds of workouts but have yet to try a reformer! it looks like it's hard, but so great! what gym do you go to for those classes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kayla! So I take classes from a darling lady that got certified and has a studio in her house! Her waiting list is quite long BUT I am 100% positive you will find reformer classes all over the place in San Fran! So jealous! xoxo

      Delete
  2. i've always wanted to try one of those classes!!! do you know where i can?

    xo, k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ky! So I take classes from a lady that does it out of her house and her waiting list is long BUT I posted again about Pilates by Robyn and I think I've also seen a studio at the Redwoods in Provo! xoxo

      Delete