Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Ang the Angel


A few of the many reasons my mom is not only an angel in my life but in everyone's lives that she knows...and this is just in the past week:
 
>> The day before her birthday, she got a call from a friend that was helping a homeless boy get back on his feet. She had found him a place to live, got him a job interview, and she was wondering if my mom had any access to a few clothing items for him to wear to his job interview at Taco Bell (she must know how reliable my mom is and how she always finds a way!).
 My mom texted me and asked if I could bring a few things of Bren's he didn't wear anymore to her birthday lunch the next day.
 
Little did she know, we had two huge garbage bags full of clothes that have been sitting in Bren's closet for as long as we've been married (he cleaned out his closet right when we moved into our condo) that we had been meaning to take to Plato's or the D.I. and just never got around to it. Now we know why!!! God does no random. He had that plan in action for a year and a half! Even crazier, after my mom had dropped the clothes off (on her own birthday), I got a text from her friend saying that this boy and Brennan were the exact same size in pants, shirts, and shoes!!! She told me when he saw the clothes he started crying and said he has never owned more than two outfits in his life.
 
I love my mom because she always brings service into my life. She reminds me what life is really about and how good it feels to help other people!
 
>>On Saturday night, we waited for the boys to be done with priesthood before we ate. The restaurant was full of white shirts and super busy so we didn't end up getting our food until after 9! Then we went and got ice cream after. Later on, I woke up in the middle of the night with this crazy burning feeling in my chest and my half asleep self got really worried. I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack. My mom is always there no matter the time of day or night and I was 100% positive she would text back even when I sent a worried text at 2 am. She texted right back asking if I ate late that night and that it was heartburn and that she had medicine at the house I could take. How do moms always know?! She always puts my worries to rest.
 
>> She's planning a wedding for a girl in the Spanish branch that her and my dad serve in. Since the girl has no money for it my mom has worked crazy hard to get things donated and has been going above and beyond for her. Truly a saint.
 
>> I'm picking her and my dad up from the airport today and she's bringing me Pinkberry! I didn't even have to ask her to! Because once again, she always thinks of others.
 
 
I loved celebrating my mom and her birthday last week. She is such a great example to me in more ways than I can count. She's one of those people that will have an amazing funeral because of all the people she helps and serves. Even if she wasn't my mom we'd still be best friends because she's just that cool.
 
Happy happy birthday mom, you are so loved!
 
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. wow - you have an awesome mom! all of these examples were amazing, i hope to be someone that selfless someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU KAYLA!!! She really is the bomb.com...aren't all moms?

      Delete
  2. so touching. this is amazing! what a great example.
    xo, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ash! I'm the lucky one though. I get to be your's and Ari's mom and Bren's MIL!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bless our lives in more ways then you'll ever know! Love you mom!

      Delete