Monday, April 13, 2015

Having your own interests

 
 
As I mentioned before, I have been dying to get Bren on a reformer. My normal Pilates teacher was out of town last week on spring break, and I didn't want to go a whole week without a class so I called up Robyn, Brennan's good friend from high school's mom who teaches and she got us into a class! I did totally space that it was the same day as The Masters, so Bren-- you win husband of the year award!
 
Early on the morning of the class I noticed he was getting up to go to the gym before work. I asked him what he was doing and that we had a Pilates class that night, duh! He said he knew and he'd be fine...I could tell that he thought this was going to be some sissy workout and I couldn't WAIT to prove him wrong. You know that little half smile smirk emoji? That was me all day, smug as can be.
 
Long story short, he was DRIPPING with sweat the entire class and even halfway through said the words "I'm never doing this again." I tried to keep my giggles to myself. After the class he told me he was kidding when he said that but I'm not so sure he was...hahaha.
 
He was such a good sport and actually told me on the way home what a good workout it is and how cool the machine is. It meant a lot to me that he would come try something I loved, and it got me thinking that I'm sure he feels the same way when I'm his golf caddy or ask him a bunch of questions (like "What's wire to wire?") while watching The Masters.
 
I think it is so important in a marriage to have your own interests and to be your own person. I also think it's just as important to respect each other's interests and make an effort to learn about them, and even join them once in a while. But-- their hobbies don't have to become your hobbies-- it's good to have your own! It's attractive to your spouse.
 
The only issue is that we both have pretty expensive hobbies HA (and my other hobby is shopping so that doesn't help either). But hey, aren't most? I do have a little something up my sleeve to change this though...more on that down the road.
 
Speaking of expensive, if anyone is wanting to try Pilates, I have found Robyn to be the most affordable I've seen yet! Check her out here and text her for her most up to date schedule. Promise you will LOVE this workout-- and for the record I barely break a sweat but OHHH do I feel the burn. So don't let Bren's dripping sweat scare you away.
 
Anyways-- 
 
What hobbies do you and your lover do together and which hobbies do you keep separate? I'm curious :)
 
Happy Monday!
 
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. You and Brennan are the best. I love that he tried Pilates. Now you need to take some golf lessons!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bren tells me he likes that I don't play golf....probably because I'd beat him ;)

      Delete