Thursday, October 15, 2015

House Update

 
This whole house building thing is a full time job.
 
A STRESSFUL full time job.
 
 
I wake up, look at my phone and see it's 4 AM, and start wondering if the color I chose for the front door might have a pink undertone if the sunlight hits it weird? And did I put enough canned lights in the basement? And what if they forget to insulate my walls? Do they vacuum all the dust up before they install carpet?
 
It is TOO MUCH. Especially because I've made a few bold choices. I thought building a house would be a smart move for a type A personality, but I'm not so sure now...
 
It is so fun though to go check on the house progress everyday. It's crazy that soon we will be living there! Brennan is so excited to park in a garage for the first time in his life and I am so excited to have a pantry I could cry.
 
Last night we randomly watched The Office episode where Michael buys a condo and we just about rolled off the couch we were laughing so hard because it was so relatable at this point in our lives.
 
"A 30 year mortgage? You'll be paying that off in your mid-seventies. Forget about retiring when you're 65." -Dwight
 
"I made the right decision. I'm glad I signed, I'm a home owner, right? It's very important to own a property. If you don't own property you shouldn't be able to vote." -Michael trying to make himself feel better.
 
HAHAHAHAHA
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Thats exactly the reason we chose a spec home over a building. No way I could make all those decisions and be confident in them and not lose sleep over them!!!

    ReplyDelete