Monday, October 14, 2013

Our First Dinner


After more than 3 weeks in our own place,

I thought it was about time I made my husband dinner.

I love playing wife.

I love decorating, vacuuming, organizing, grocery shopping, cleaning, budgeting,

the whole nine yards.

But one area I don't feel as confident in is cooking, 

and I was nervous to cook for Brennan!

But I gave it a shot. 

I decided for my first meal I should make something I've made before, just because I was already dealing with a new and unfamiliar kitchen. New appliances, new pots and pans, all those new things.

 To be honest, I ate something similar to this at some fancy restaurant once, and made this dinner up based off that. It's a balsamic marinated steak with whole grain pasta with a light alfredo sauce with sun dried tomatoes and spinach, with a little balsamic glaze and parmesan cheese on top, with some sautéed asparagus.

It sounds kind of tough, but it's really not.

 You just have to time everything perfectly so the steak isn't overcooked, or the asparagus doesn't get squishy, or the pasta sauce isn't sitting there thickening.

It actually turned out!

I think.

Even though Brennan has not stopped talking about this meal,

I think it may just be because he loves me

and wants to make me feel good.




No comments:

Post a Comment