Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Big things happened & big things are happening

Some pretty big things have happened in my life.

Some would say the best days of their lives.

And I would have to agree.

One hundred percent.


First of all, I had a bachelorette party. I wish everyone had the group of friends I have. I am so lucky and I love them so very much. The night started out at The Dodo, then continued next door at Blue Boutique, and then finished at two in the morning after a hilarious night of present opening, Cosmo reading, story telling, and treat eating.

A few days later, I had my wedding dinner. It was held at the Draper Day Barn and it was absolutely perfect. Café Rio was catered, and good vibes were felt.


This is the only picture I got the whole night, but I couldn't be happier that it was of my girls and I. I was full of nerves that night because I had to give a speech. To this day I can't remember much of what I said, just that I cried a lot of tears. But I do remember all of the other speeches family and friends gave SO WELL, and I love that because I think about at least one of them every single day. I have never felt so special than at that wedding dinner. It was one of my favorite parts of the whole wedding ordeal.

The next morning, I GOT MARRIED.


The most amazing day of my life. I felt like a princess, and I enjoyed my entire day. Is it bad that I wanted to keep dancing at my reception? When we got in the car after we were sent off, Brennan said, "People always say that after the reception, they wish they would have just taken the money, but there is no amount of money I would take to trade for that amazing night." And I couldn't agree more. There really was magic in the air. That day was the first day I got to call Brennan my husband. I  don't think I will ever be more proud of anything in my life than the fact that Brennan Gregory is my husband. If you know him, you know how lucky I am.


Next, we honeymooned.












We stayed at the Kierland Villas in Scottsdale, Arizona, and I can honestly say it was the best location for a honeymoon! Here is why- the flight was only an hour, it was hot during the day, and the perfect temperature at night, and the resort was on a sort of City Creek type of outdoor mall with the most AMAZING shopping and restaurants ever. There were three different pools, some had slides and some had lazy rivers, and they all had pina coladas, which were my favorite. It was perfect because we could lay in bed all day if we wanted and not feel guilty, but there was also always something to do if we wanted to do it. The sun, eating, and shopping are definitely some of my favorite things so to say I was in heaven is an understatement. The best part was that Brennan chose our honeymoon location all by himself and surprised me. I can't believe he was even nervous about whether I'd like it or not... A+ BABE.


Now, we are...




waking up together every morning in our cute little condo,



visiting 12 different furniture stores and are still couchless,



making our bed everyday so far, (my husband has made it more than me)


And joined the BANGS CLUB. (Please try not to laugh that I'm in a robe here, I was just about to get ready for bed. And yes, I love robes and wear one daily.) What is it about getting married that makes girls want to change their hair? And I am no exception. I feel like I look more like a wife, don't you agree?

Life is so good. There's just no way it can get any better. I mean my name is Ashley Gregory, what more do I need?







1 comment:

  1. this post has way too much perfection for me to handle.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete