Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Our First Home


Things have been busy around here! On top of our regular busyness, Brennan having to go back to Columbus for a work training, me starting my Pilates certification, and getting rear ended yesterday, we've been looking for our first house for the last few months.
 
I remember trying to buy a couch after we first got married. At the time, that was the biggest deal ever. We searched for MONTHS before finally making a decision. I remember feeling so good about the sectional we ended up with from the moment I saw it, and Bren was soooooo hesitant about it. In fact he put off getting it for a month. Now there isn't a day that goes by that Bren doesn't say, "I love our couch so much" and I totally laugh inside.
 
Then I remember about a year ago when Bren's car was on its last leg and it was time to car shop. I remember thinking THAT was frustrating and time consuming. I remember Brennan telling me one day that he just needs someone he knows to sell their car to him. A few hours later my mom sent me a link to a KSL ad and said that my good friend Kaitie's sister was selling her car. We still believe that wasn't a coincidence.
 
As we have been looking at houses these past few months-- sometimes from 3 pm to 10 pm with our realtor, exploring all our options, feeling hopeful some days and hopeless others, Brennan would keep telling me, "It will work out, it always does!" But I didn't know if I believed him this time.
 
...Until we were looking seriously at an area, but looked across the street one day and saw a sign that looked like something that might be a perfect fit for us.
 
Long story short, I fell on the floor and fainted in the model home. Our realtor and my husband were not very happy with me and it may have made negotiations a little harder but hey, it all worked out, just like Brennan told me all along ;)
 
We are now proud/happy/stressed/scared first time owners of a little dirt and a little concrete. 

 
Here's to everything happening for a reason--
 
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. What a cool blog! Congratulations to you and your husband on your first home! Seeing the foundation picture you showed brought a tear to my eye, as my husband and I were at the exactly same place 10 years ago, time moves really fast!! Have you seen WCMTG.COM? Its an interesting resource you might get a kick out of!

    Tasha Reeves @ West Coast Mortgage Group

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new home. I’m glad your car experience was painless because you needed to save all of that energy for house shopping! After months of looking, my wife and I bought our first home based on a model home too. It took a while to finally go for it, and we have no regrets!

    Martin Moran @ Buyers Agent San Antonio

    ReplyDelete