Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day Weekend was so much fun this year that I forgot to take pictures... whoops. But here's how it went:

Friday, Brennan had his bachelor party. His best friend Brent is getting married this Friday, and their friends did a combined party for the both of them, where they went to dinner, paintballing, and played video games until 2 in the morning. I was promised there would be no strippers. While he was busy doing that, I went to Anthro and The Dodo with my darling friend Chloee. She is one of my all time favorite people, not to mention the best shopping partner. After that I went and hung out with Bren's friend's wives. We decided to go spy on our boys, who were at Sean's, and his whole family was out of town, so Tay (his fiancĂ©) helped us break in. They had no clue we were upstairs spying, until some of the girls got a little confident and decided to sneak downstairs, and then, CAUGHT. But totally worth it.

Saturday, the Gregory's threw Morgan and I the most darling combined baby and bridal shower. Those things take SO much work, and I feel like I can never say thank you enough times for all that they do. While I was at the shower, Bren's bachelor weekend continued and he went golfing with friends. Later that afternoon I finally got to see my boy, and we went up to Park City to see my dad finish a mountain bike race he did up there. We then went with my parents to dinner and relaxed the rest of the night.

Sunday, we woke up to my mom telling us that a Draper cop had been shot just around the corner from our house. We were told to lock our doors, and church was canceled, so our day was spent watching The Great Gatsby and napping until it was safe for me to drive to the Gregory's. When we found out that the cop was Derrick, our family friend, the news became even sadder. He was the hardest worker and funniest guy, and his little boy made your heart melt. He even got us out of our speeding tickets. Rest in peace Derrick, we love you.

Monday, I ran some final wedding errands with my mom and Ari, and then met up with the Gregory's in Park City where we shopped and ate at Davanza's Pizza and Java Cow, some of the best food there. After that we came home and Brennan helped me with my Spanish homework. (Yes, I'm in Spanish 1010, don't ask why because I couldn't tell you.) He was the BEST tutor ever, way better than I expected, and I learned so much. Just add that to the list of reasons I love my perfect boy.

Oh and last thing...September happened. September has always been my favorite month, and the fact that it's now my wedding month gives me constant heart eyes. This is the month I will be a wife, the month I will have a husband, the month I will change my name, the month we will move into our own little place, the month I get to be sealed to Brennan so we can be together forever. I hope forever is long enough.

1 comment:

  1. i get giddy when i am at work and i see you post! i wish i could have come to city creek with you and chlo so bad!!!
    we need to do something asap so text me. before everything gets TOO busy! LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete