Sunday, January 5, 2014

Crazy to Think


One of my favorite wedding pictures.



It is crazy to think I love him even more now than I did on this day.

It's crazy how much more I know about him.

(Like the fact that he likes to hit his snooze button 12 times.)

It's even crazier to know that even though being a bride was the best day of my life,

it doesn't even compare to being a wife.

bride < wife

And to the people who say we are in the "honeymoon phase",

we plan on being in the honeymoon phase our whole lives.

You can quote me on that.



And no, that doesn't mean that our whole life is going to be a walk in the park,

but what it does mean is that our trials and hard times won't be quite as bad

as if we were doing it alone.

Because isn't that what marriage is for?

We don't both have to be at our strongest all of the time.

Whenever I am having a hard time, Brennan is strong for me,

and when he is struggling, I am strong for him.

That's how it goes.



The secret to a permanent honeymoon phase

is always putting your spouse before yourself.

Brennan is flawless at this.

It took some adjusting for me.

But because Brennan truly is our better half,

it's never too hard for me to do.



Side note:

I think that's the moon in our picture.

We got married on a full moon.

Brennan laughs and thinks I'm crazy.

He says it's a light.

But it's totally the moon.

Someone please back me up.










1 comment:

  1. How he is looking at you is priceless.. I am so happy you two have each other. What a sweet picture Ashy, one of my favs too :)

    ReplyDelete