Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Some Random Facts About Me

I am fully aware that 90% of my posts are about Brennan, and the other 10% is about our life, and I like it that way, because he really is our better half and I could talk about him for days. But I realized that I've never really written anything about myself, which now that I think about it is actually kind of odd, since I write this online journal. So, I present you with a few random facts about me...




Speaking of the picture, I bought my wedding dress before I was engaged. Risky, huh?

When I was 8 or 9 I wanted glasses so bad, I begged my mom to make me an appointment with an eye doctor and lied my way through the whole thing. I didn't fool him unfortunately. He had me step out into the hall and told my mom I have 20/20 vision.

I am probably one of the most hygienic, clean people you will ever meet. Brennan thinks I'm a bit OCD about it. I have to brush my teeth after every meal (when I can help it), I shower every morning and night, wash our sheets twice a week and pillowcases sometimes 3 times.

I love Oreos. Last week I ate a whole package minus the 3 that Brennan ate. Whoops.

I am extremely hard on myself.

I watch The Kardashians and I am not ashamed. But my all time favorite TV show is The O.C. And lately we've been on a Shark Tank kick.

I keep a very clean house, but if you were to go into our second bedroom that I use as my closet and space to get ready, you would see a large mound of my clothes on the floor.

I was in Disneyland when 9/11 happened, and since it closed and all airports closed, we had to rent a car and drive home.

I am left handed. It's a great excuse for a lot of things.

I always try to dress for the season. Fall is my favorite season to dress for.

When I see an old person sitting alone at a restaurant or if I can sense that someone is having a hard day it makes me want to cry, and sometimes I do.

To say I am obsessed with Lauren Conrad is an understatement. I have loved her since the first season of Laguna Beach. I even follow her wedding photographer on Instagram.

I have to eat fresh fruit every single day.

My mom is my best friend.

I am obsessed with skincare.

I love to give people gifts. I put a lot of thought into them. I learned this from my mom.

I LOVE to cook, but don't do it as often as I should. (It's so expensive for 2 people!)

I am addicted to shopping, but I figure there are worse addictions out there. I've come a LONG way since my pre-married days. I now shop the clearance racks at Target instead of J. Crew & Anthro like the old days.

I have a high stress job but I really like it because it's something new everyday.

My hair is in a bun on the top of my head 3 days in a row most weeks because I'd rather sleep in than wash it.

My toes are always the same temperature as ice cubes.

Brennan always tells me I need to have more confidence in myself. He is probably right.

I ordered salad shakers from McDonalds instead of kids meals when I was a little girl.

September is my favorite month because it's peach season (my all time favorite fruit), New York fashion week, the merging of my two favorite seasons, the perfect temperature, and of course my wedding month!

I will not eat onions in fear of bad breath.

I like to shop alone.

I always tip, even if the service was terrible, because of my fear of karma.

I will put a new song I love on repeat until I've ruined it.

The notes app in my phone is full of ideas that come to me, funny things Brennan says, grocery lists, and things I need to do.

3 summers ago I saved up $300 to get a pit ticket to the Katy Perry concert and she touched my hand. I would say I'm definitely in the running for her biggest fan. She is classy, hilarious, beautiful, down to earth and makes such feel-good music. I love her I love her I love her.

I hate my handwriting.

Both of my all time favorite restaurants are in Scottsdale: Sol and Grimaldi's.

I prefer a night in to a night out 90% of the time.


Well there you have it. I can't wait to look back at this and laugh at myself, and see what changes and what has stayed the same. 

3 comments:

  1. you inspire every blog post of mine.

    i am always like what should i blog next?!

    and then you inspire me!!

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to borrow this idea, such a fun read.

    I also have to eat fresh fruit every day, I usually do eat the entire oreo package by myself, I like to shop alone and I LOVE Grimaldi's. Let's all take a trip to Scottsdale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this. You are the prettiest thing.

    ReplyDelete