Monday, March 17, 2014

A Week of Firsts

Last Saturday, we went to Cubby's in Provo for the first time. It was love at first bite. Instantly our new favorite restaurant. Far exceeded our expectations. And even though Bren keeps calling it "Chubby's", he cannot stop talking or dreaming about the burger he had there. But really, the Tri-Tip Steak Salad & sweet potato fries are the way to go.

After that, we went and saw my good friends' band, Westward the Tide, perform for the first time! It was a show for their new album release, and to say they blew us away is an understatement. I'm so blessed to know such talented people.



But those aren't the only firsts of the past week...

-Bren & I made guacamole together for the first time. We followed Chipotle's recipe (found on Pinterest), so of course it was the best guac we've ever had. 

-The first start of a new tradition, a weekly sister date with Ar. This week was at The Dodo and so much fun. I love my darling sister.

-First time trying the oatmeal chocolate chip cookie from Swig. INSERT HEART EYES HERE.

-First raise at my new job. 

-First time wondering if I should grow my bangs out or not. My phone is also full of the pictures that popped up after I typed in "Julianne Hough Safe Haven hair." Going through a bit of a hair decision crisis. 

-First time watching this recent season of The Bachelor, and it happened to be the night of the finale. Didn't take me long to hate Juan Pablo, but I did appreciate him for saying, "I wish the earth sucked me today" and almost falling off the couch from laughing so hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment