Monday, March 24, 2014

Cubby's for the win


Yes, we went to Cubby’s again this weekend. We came up with two ideas for our Saturday night: either go to Fashion Place mall and then the Cheesecake Factory, or go down to Provo for Cubby’s & Swig. Cubby’s won- it’s THAT good- & totally worth the drive. You should be proud of yourself Cubby.

Lately I’ve been catching myself being so worried about Brennan’s safety. I’m always texting him to make sure he’s wearing his seatbelt, and I’ve probably told him to “drive so safe!” 1,829,305,664 times since I’ve met him. Late Thursday night, he ran over to our sister-in-law’s to get a haircut, and I stayed home to finish up some laundry.

It had been a while, so I texted him and asked if he was safe, and he said yes and that he was heading home now! Well 25 minutes pass (their house is 10 minutes away), and he’s still not home.

So I text him again, “Are you still driving safe?”
no response
Again- “Babe??”
no response

So then I realize, duh he’s driving, I don’t want him texting me back anyway, so I call him.
no response

So then I of course burst into tears, thinking of the absolute worse scenarios possible, about to go search for him on the side of the road, and then my phone rings, and it’s him. He had left his phone on 'do not disturb' mode from earlier in the day when he was at work, and just as he was texting me that he was heading home, he got caught up in another conversation with our brother & sister-in-law.

He felt SO BAD for scaring me like that.

And I felt bad for getting so worried! Is this normal? Or am I a crazy wife? I think maybe I'm a crazy wife.

On a lighter note, I got the facial of a lifetime this weekend, and my March Madness bracket is in 2nd place at work. Winner gets lunch of their choice. Do you think they’d go for Cubby’s?

3 comments:

  1. AH i LOVE the face lift!!!! (on the blog)
    can't wait for tonight!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog revamp! And we LOVE Cubbies too... Of course I love the bleu cheese fries the most, seeing as they are probably the most unhealthy item on the menu!

    ReplyDelete