Monday, March 31, 2014

2 Years Ago Today

March 31st, 2012 at approximately 8:30 pm

It was in the basement of a house in Sugarhouse where his friends lived.
I was home that weekend from Utah State
+ had just started hanging out with a new group of girls
who happened to be hanging out with a new group of guys.
I had been told he was the perfect boy for me;
he had been told I was the perfect girl for him.
(He had also already stalked my Facebook.)

My group of friends + I
+ this darling group of boys
had been hanging out for about a half hour or so
but HE was no where to be found.
His friends said he was coming late from a Jazz game.

I was sitting on the couch directly facing the door leading into the basement.
+ then there HE was
running down the stairs
in maroon jeans, a white tee,
and a buzzed haircut (don't worry, that isn't allowed now)
that had a red-ish tint from some Sun-In a friend put in his hair while he was asleep at the pool.
His friends + my girlfriends all yelled "BRENNANNNNNNNN!"
+ he was smiling from ear to ear.
He was the most adorable thing I had ever seen.

We were introduced + he sat right across from me.
+ started asking "get to know you" questions along with the rest of his friends.
I was nerrrrvousss.
+awkward.
When they asked me what my favorite movie was,
I think I blurted out "Warrior" (it had just come out at the time)
because that was a guys movie + maybe that would be HIS favorite movie too?
Hahaha.
Anything to impress HIM.

Over the next hour or two of hanging out,
I picked up on some things about HIM.
one- He was very well liked by everyone. You could tell he was a great friend.
two- He would laugh at anything anyone would say. + he would laugh hard-but not too hard. It was sincere.
three- He was genuinely interested in what you had to say. He really cared.
four- He had nice arms.
five- He was truly trying to get to know me, no matter how awkward + shy I was being.

I loved the feeling he brought to the room.
+ I knew he needed to be a part of my life. A big part.
But it wasn't until almost the end of the night,
while he was smiling and laughing about something someone said,
that the thought crossed my mind:
"What if I marry that boy? What if that's who I am going to marry?"
I loved that thought.








1 comment:

  1. i stumbled upon your blog somehow... and ive totally been stalking it (love your hair and style btw).. haha but i just had to tell you how cute i thought this post was!!

    xo kyndal

    ReplyDelete