Thursday, June 19, 2014

Twenty One


June 14th is always a really fun day every year. But this year was the best yet because it was my first birthday married with a husband who spoiled me! 

It started off the day before when Brennan surprised me with an early birthday lunch. Bren works in Taylorsville and I work in Draper- we NEVER get to go to lunch together during the week. So this was a special treat. We ate salad, pizza, and paninis at my favorite Whole Foods. 






The next morning, we woke up, Bren sang Happy Birthday to me a few times in a few different keys, hurried and got ready, and headed to Gourmandise, a little bakery cafe I had been dying to try! It did NOT disappoint. 


Bren couldn't finish his but I had no problem and ate every single bite. By far the best french toast I have ever had.


We then headed over to City Creek, where I was too busy birthday shopping to take any pictures. My darling Bren got me Tory Burch's new perfume, some new tops, and a dress. 

After shopping, we headed to Porcupine Grill with some friends, then to Chick-fil-A to get a peach shake (because calories don't count on your birthday), and then to the One Republic Concert!


Great seats, great company, and GREAT entertainment. Hate on One Republic all you want, but they truly are one of the most talented bands around. The lead singer wrote Beyonce's "Halo", and their song "What You Wanted" is the song on The Fault in Our Stars trailer... still hating? 


I'm lucky to be married to someone who doesn't disown me when I'm dancing like a crazy person and screaming/singing at the top of my lungs.

And then I came home to this red pretty surprise.


Wait, let's get a closer look.


It's okay if they took your breath away too. 
I am a lucky, lucky birthday girl.

I have learned more about myself this past year of being 20 than any other year of my life. I now know exactly who I am, and that is one of the best feelings out there. 

Here's to year 21!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment