Sunday, June 22, 2014

Our Last Supper

My sister just graduated from high school, and instead of going on a senior trip with her friends she wanted to go on a cruise with my mom & I. She picked the location and the ship, and the girls trip was booked! And even though I spent months begging and begging for Bren and my dad to join us, Ari just really wanted to spend time with her sis, and I kind of loved hearing that.

The time finally came, and for our last night together, I wanted to try this new restaurant I had heard so much about, Alamexo- high end Mexican food in downtown Salt Lake City. Our friends Liv & Will had also been dying to try it and decided to join us! 


We sat outside on the patio which was so nice. (Until a homeless guy came up to us asking for money. Will offered him some chips.) 


Order the Enchiladas Suizas and the Flautus de Pollo, and of course don't forget to start out with chips & guac. The black beans & rice it comes with are also so so good. You won't be disappointed! I especially loved it because it reminds me of my favorite restaurant in NYC, Rosa Mexicano. 


But what really won me over were these complimentary churros they bring you for dessert! They were fresh, warm, and truly the best churros we've ever had. I loved them so much I even stole one that was left on an empty table on our way out. And I'm not even embarrassed about it, because they were THAT good. 


These boys are HILARIOUS together. Even though they make fun of us for taking pictures of the food and take selfies without us. 


Can you spy the stolen churro? 


The next morning was TOUGH. I was crying & even Bren teared up. Are we ridiculous?! You'd think we were never seeing eachother again or something! But the way I look at it, we are so lucky to love eachother so much that we will miss eachother like absolute CRAZY. I tell Bren everyday how lucky we are to have something so special. 

We are in New Orleans right now and  getting on the ship in about an hour. If you hear about a girl who jumped off the ship and is swimming to shore on the news, you know who it is and exactly who she's coming for! 




No comments:

Post a Comment