Friday, October 24, 2014

Catch Up

October has been so busy and so fun. If I could freeze time during any month of the year, this would be it.
 
Last week I headed down to Provo for a much needed sista-sista time with Ari. Brennan has the guy that owns The Slab insured so I told Ar we HAD to eat there and it was some of the best pizza I have ever had. The possibilites are literally endless- chicken cordon bleu pizza and chicken enchilada pizza... just to name a few. See what I mean?
 
denim jacket: Target
flannel: J. Crew Factory
jeans: Top Shop (BEST JEANS EVER!)
 
Ari is growing up to be the most amazing girl. She moved to Provo by herself, lives with random roommates, and is loving it. She is so mature for her age and says the wisest things. She always knows what to say to make me feel better. I would like to think I was as cool as her when I was her age, but I just wasn't.
 
Last weekend I also had the last minute idea to have a Saturday afternoon picnic in the mountains! I'm trying to soak up all this fall weather before it's gone, and thankfully our favorite friends Timmy & Grace and Chase & Nakita were in too! We got Jimmy John's and headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon.

 
Grace made her famous oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and as you can see, Timmy was loving his sandwich. HA!

 
The only downside of the whole afternoon was that THE LEAVES ARE ALREADY FALLING OFF THE TREES. So book it up there now if you want to see the last bit of fall.
 
That night we watched the royal children, Jayda and Cruz. Jayda kept begging me to get in the bath with her so we could blow bubbles together.

 
It is crazy how happy these kids make me! I jump for joy everytime Jess texts me asking if we can babysit.

 
Which brings me to some exciting news: starting the first of November, I will be nannying these two dream boats every Friday! Dreams really do come true guys.
 
The next morning Bren drove me to the airport for a long awaited work trip. It's the biggest convention for our company and this year it was in Vegas! Even though it was only for 3 days, this is how we felt:
 
(Also please notice his mustache he was excited to grow while I was gone...big LOL)

 
Just being a suga-mamma!

button up: H&M, old
pants: H&M (on sale for $8!)
shoes: J. Crew, old
 
Also PLEASE NOTICE that I packed in a carry on...that was a first and yes I did pat myself on the back.
 

 
Bench all to myself, lucky day.
 

 
 
 
Why I am married to the best kid in the world,

 
and the happiest place on earth, in my opinion. Too bad I still can't justify paying even the Tory outlet prices, right? But such a nice break from being stuck inside a convention center all day.
 
My work trip also made me grateful that Bren's job doesn't require travel (except for a one time training this January but we don't talk about that to avoid tears), because let's be honest, we're babies when it comes to being apart. The first night I was in Vegas, my phone died at around 3 and I worked until 10. Bren was worried sick, called Mandalay Bay searching for me, and was about to drive down there. Now if that's not true love I don't know what is. (And Bren if you are reading this I also learned to ask to use someone's phone to call you.) Ha!
 
xoxo 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment