Monday, October 6, 2014

Our Weekend in 5 Pictures

 
Brennan worked until almost NINE PM on FRIDAY NIGHT. During the day he ran a booth at an expo, then ran home at 5 and changed into comfortable clothes and headed straight back to the office to work up all the quotes he got. I guess that's how it goes when you're a one man show. I'm hoping we look back on this one day, maybe even kind of laughing, and say that his long work hours for small pay ended up being so worth it.  
 
I finally picked him up and forced him to go get something to eat with me. We decided on Spitz downtown because Bren went there with his buddies a few weeks ago and has not stopped talking about it since.  

 
I have a few things to say about this restaurant:
First- THE FRIES. Yes, you eat them with a fork, and yes, they will rock your world. There is nothing else like them.
Second- The wraps were AMAZING. Their salads looked awesome too. I didn't even fully understand their menu, but just ordered their most popular thing, the Doner Kebab.
Third- I am a little stressed out about the fact that NO ONE is leaving that place with good breath. It's just not possible. So remember the mints and gum.
 
Hat: Bohme, Sweater: Old Navy
 
Saturday was for conference watching and deep cleaning our condo. That night, Bren went to Priesthood and I went to dinner at Twigs and shopping with the girls at Station Park. We were too busy loving all the girls night out sales to take any pictures. After that, Bren and I met back up at his parents to watch the Utah game, and then stayed and chatted way too late. As we were finally leaving, we realized we needed groceries BAD- so off to Smith's for a little middle of the night grocery shopping. When we finally walked in the door, so ready for bed, we realized our sheets we washed that day were still in the dryer...we could have either laughed or cried about it, and I'm glad we laughed.

 
Conference Sundays- my favorite Sundays of the year! I thought it was so cool that Elder Bednar gave a talk for nonmembers. SO well put too!

 
That night we went to my parents for dinner and my $11 Halloween costume came- HA. Now the hard part will be convincing Bren to be what I need him to be so we coordinate ha ha ha...wish me luck.
 
I am in complete AWE at how beautiful this October has been so far! I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful days. Two thumbs up for you, fall, and a perfect low key weekend.
 
xoxo

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. conference was so great this year, and that lunch looks delicious! we are hoping to move closer to the city next year!!

    ReplyDelete