Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My heart is in Ohio

You know that weird scream-o song called "Ohio is for Lovers" by Hawthorne Heights?
 
When I was in high school my friends and I would scream it in the car as a joke.
 
But who would have guessed that I was screaming my future anthem for the next two weeks?
 
And I can't make it on my own // Because my heart is in Ohio // So cut my wrists and black my eyes (this hasn't happened yet but won't be surprised if I get to this point) // So I can fall asleep tonight, or die.
 
HAHAHA. K it's funny, but it's also the truth. I promise you I am not being dramatic when I say that it feels like half of me is dead right now. It's a very odd, empty feeling. But I'm trying to stay as busy as I can with my closet sale (which I will post about next), touring hair schools, and applying for a new job. That seems to help, but already day 3 feels like day 20.
 
So just to explain, for whoever cares to know, Brennan is in Columbus, Ohio for commercial insurance training. Since he has been an independent agent he has mostly been doing property and casualty insurance, which is homes and cars, but commercial insurance is a lot more profitable if you can learn it. The program he is doing is called Pacesetter through State Auto insurance and lasts a whole year. Only 100 agents in the country are chosen each year. They fly out at the beginning of the year for two weeks to learn it all, and then the rest of the year he puts what he learned to use. He has to sell a certain amount of premium for State Auto by the end of the year, and if he follows the program, it will really build his book of business, aaaand they send you on a cruise! So overall, this is a very good thing for our future, and not a more perfect time to do it.
 
I am so beyond proud of him for taking this on. It won't be easy at all, but it will be worth it. The first day, the instructor told them: "Don't expect work/life balance, it doesn't exist in a sales position for the first couple of years. Expect 50-60 hour work weeks. Please advise your spouses." (INSERT BIG EYES EMOJI HERE) If I have to go knock doors with him or go sit in his office all night to spend time with him, I will. So anyways, ya Bren is a total rockstar. Please keep us and him (mostly him) in your prayers in 2015.
 
@ash_kae
 
If he had to go on a two week business trip, I was going to make sure he went out with a bang. For his last night, we stopped by a reception at the capital and then headed to City Creek to shop around and then to Cheesecake Factory for his final supper. We shared the kale salad (you MUST try this salad), Louisiana Chicken, and a slice of Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake.
 
 
Then we headed home where I had a little surprise care package for him.
 
 

 
A Utah sweatshirt for something to remind him of home, my favorite book I've been pleading with him to read (with a little edit to make it more masculine: #BOYBOSS), his favorite deodorant and body wash, an inflatable heart for some insta-love, "bringing home the bacon" socks (came up with that all on my own, I was proud), some polaroids, some snacks (Have you tried that Brownie Brittle stuff?! Almost too good to be true), and then some little notes for when he needs some extra love (that's about as crafty as I get).
 
Then it was cuddling and tears until I dropped him off at the airport the next morning at 6 am.
 
Two and a half days down, and I'm not even going to say how many more to go.
 
Oh and note to self Ash: Spraying your husband's cologne on yourself will make you miss him MORE, not less.
 
xoxo


1 comment:

  1. ah being apart for that long is so hard! but you're adorable & i love all the goodies you sent him with, so cute. also, i love your skirt in that picture

    ReplyDelete