Thursday, January 15, 2015

Snicks

This morning our very first family dog passed away in his sleep.
 
I was 10 and Ari was 7 when we got him.
 
My parents hated animals and the last thing they wanted was a dog, but Ari and I saved up $350 on our own to pay for one, and so to the breeder we went.
 
We came home with the cutest little Shih Tzu, and named him Snickers because he was colored chocolate brown and caramel just like the candy bar.
 
He was the sweetest dog for eleven and a half years- not a mean, yappy, troublemaking bone in his body.
 
He taught my parents to LOVE animals...maybe even more than they love humans now.
 
We found out he had cancer just as I was about to head to Utah State in 2011 and we thought his last days were near, but he kept kicking for another 3 years, that little fighter!
 
He truly was like a sibling in our little family, that is how much he was loved.
 
About a year ago he started having seizures in the night and there were so many times we almost put him down, but I'm so glad he lived a full life and got to pass peacefully on the bed right next to my mom.
 
I'm even more glad that all dogs go to heaven and know he will be waiting for us there! Well, at least my mom, his absolute favorite, that he would just follow around the house all day long.
 
Love you Snicks, I wish I could have given you one last belly scratch and a kiss. I owe you one, k?
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your dog :( they really do become part of the family, and especially when you grow up with them, they're like your best friends! Our family dog passed away three years ago and I remember how sad it was! But you are right, all dogs go to heaven and I think we will see them again.

    ReplyDelete