Tuesday, July 30, 2013

We said "I love you"

On January 7th of this year, I was over at Brennan's. It was the last day of winter break and spring semester was starting in the morning. We just hanging out on his couch, laughing, goofing around, and having good talks. It was just an especially good night and I could feel my love for him growing right then and there.

The thought popped into my head that I needed to tell Brennan that I love him. This thought had come to me a few times before because I had loved him for a LONG TIME at this point, but I didn't want to say it first. Because that's the boy's job! But for some reason that night, I didn't dismiss the thought right away. It felt right.

To this day I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE NERVOUS FOR ANYTHING IN MY LIFE. But as we were laying there, I wanted to tell him that I loved him. He closed his eyes for a minute, and I said, "Hey guess what?"

"What?!"

"I love you."

"You do!?! I love you too Ash!"

"Then why didn't you tell me!?!" (I gave him a little punch to the arm)

He laughed, paused, and said, "I have been waiting for the perfect time."

He then said, "Ash I need to explain something to you. I just keep falling more and more in love with you. It's crazy. It's almost like at first I tried to not let myself love you, because I wanted to be very careful."

After asking why, he then said, "Before I met you, I promised myself that the next girl I loved would be my wife."

Besides knowing that I had the biggest smile on my face after that comment, I don't remember the rest of the conversation exactly, besides telling Brennan that I wanted to be Ashley Gregory. His reply: "Don't worry Ash you're going to be a Gregory!"

We of course couldn't leave each other after this, so after talking some more and saying "I love you" at least 10 more times to each other, my phone buzzed, and it was a text from my mom saying my classes start early and not to be too late. Brennan grabbed my phone and typed something back to my mom, but told me not to read it til I left. So he walked me out, we said our new and improved goodbyes that now included "I love you", and I drove away and looked and my phone.



Again, I was smiling so big. January 7th, 2013 will always be one of the best days of my life.

Oh, and you better believe these were my notes at school the next morning...



No comments:

Post a Comment