Monday, December 15, 2014

27 Reasons I Love the Birthday Boy// BirthWEEK!

1. As his alarm went off the day after his birthday, he leaned over and turned it off, and then said in the saddest, half asleep voice, "It's not my birthday anymore :(" HAHA!

2. He is my life coach,

3. personal comedian,

4. and permanent morning cuddler.

5. He NEVER lets me speak poorly of myself. That conversation lasts about 5 seconds before coming to a screeching hault and then turns into him making me feel better.

6. He is the HARDEST worker, and it just keeps building and building every month. He makes personal goals that I sometimes even wonder if he will reach, and he does every single time! Amazes me.

7. He is the definition of selfless.

8. I love how seriously he takes the gym. It's so cute to me.

9. When he makes crepes for us on Sundays he talks like he's on his own Food Network show in an Australian accent the whole time.

10. I love his few gray hairs.

11. One night we were sitting at home and I was thinking about overcoming obstacles for some reason. For the life of me all I could think of was the time when I was a freshman and ran the mile and a half in the time we had to to pass health class HAHAHA and I was not feeling too cool about myself. I asked Bren if he could think of any obstacles I've overcome and without skipping a beat he named off about 8 things.

12. ^^ Sometimes I think he knows me better than I know myself.

13. ^^ He has taught me to love myself.

14. He is the most understanding person I've ever known.

15. He has this adorable genuine laugh,

16. and he laughs with me even when I'm not funny to make me feel good.

17. He is not only handsome but SO GOOD LOOKING. hubba hubba

18. I love his sweet testimony.

19. I love that he's artistic- his handwriting, his photography, his drawings- I love it all.

20. I love that it takes him so much time to make a purchase, no matter how big or small it is. He's so careful and logical it's almost comical.

21. I love that he's emotional. He'll watch these videos he sees on Facebook and Twitter that just touch his big heart.

22. I love that he'll sit in the car with me after we've gotten home and belt One Direction with me until the song is over.

23. I love that he loves trying new things.

24. I love that he's listening to The Plan of Salvation audiobook in his car right now. And how excited he gets when he tells me something new he learned from it.

25. He has no enemies.

26. I love how much I look up to him.

27. He makes life so fun every single day.


^^That was totally supposed to be posted on his actual birthday but to say that last week was the busiest week of our lives would not be an exaggerated statement. Here's the run down of Bren's birthWEEK:
 
Months leading up to his birthday I started asking Bren what he wanted to do for his birthday. I came up with every idea from a weekend in Park City to a pizza and game night with his friends to a painting class. And everytime he would tell me he wanted nothing for his birthday and that he just wanted to go to dinner with me... #funsucker. I am so glad it didn't turn out that way because he deserves the whole world and then some.
 
His actual birthday began with a birthday breakfast tradition that I started last year before he headed off to work (workaholic, remember).
 
 
That night it continued with Cheesecake Factory, present opening, and renting X-Men off Redbox because I said he could watch whatever movie his little heart desired.
 
 
The next night was his family party at Redrock pizza where he was gifted Jazz tickets for the next night (to keep the birthweek rollin)--thanks Morgan & Ted!
 
 
They brought their little Luke and he was AMAZING the whole time! Just sat on our laps and was in a daze about everything happening around him.
 
 
Bren's HEAVEN with a capital H!
 
The next morning we went to a painting class that my sweet mom put together for Bren's birthday at Painting with a Twist!
 
Please notice my T-Swift tee, my favorite $11 purchase EVER

 The BEST gift idea, thanks mom!
 
 
It was actually even more fun than I thought it would be, and I'm not the artistic one! There's just something so liberating about swiping some paint onto a canvas. Bren and I already want to go back!
 
 
After that we changed and hurried up to Park City for my company party! Our CEO told me he had a condo at Canyon's resort that he wanted people to hang out and eat in between their choice of skiing, a massage, or shopping at the outlets before having dinner at a restaurant at Canyon's. He also said he wanted to have a drawing for 4 employees and their spouses to stay the weekend there. I went up there Friday to cook and prepare for everybody to come up the next day and as I pulled up I realized it was NOT a condo.
 
 
More like a 10,000 square foot Parade of Homes home.
 
 
With an elevator.
 
Here's a very low quailty picture of us in the elevator hehe.
But that's just the humble kind of guy my boss is. So the invitations went out with an address to "Curt's Condo" LOL.
 
We shopped at the outlets and Bren even found something he loved for Christmas that he actually let me buy for him (Christmas miracle)! Then we got a free steak dinner. Talk about a Happy Birthweek.
 
To say Brennan was spoiled this year isn't even scratching the surface. He is SO LOVED. By everyone.
 
 
 
 
 
 
And who can resist a man in Topman? Not me!
 
Back to back days of celebrating for such a special human being. He's everything, guys.
 
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I wish my husband would let me do a week of celebrations, he hates his birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! I love birthweeks! where did you find those rad skinny ties??

    ReplyDelete
  3. brennan truly is the BEST!
    glad it was so fun babe

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like such a fun birthday!! "i love how seriously he takes the gym" that made me laugh! my guys does that too :)

    xoxo, kiely

    ReplyDelete