Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend Summed Up

This weekend consisted of mainly 3 things:
one- eating,
two- shopping,
& three- decorating,
with a few little surprises thrown in :)
 
The eating...
 

Sweater: Called to Surf
started at my grandma's on Thanksgiving day, then continued at Bren's parents. I came ready to eat in my mashed potatoes and gravy sweater (get it?) and we were FILLED TO THE BRIM.

And then the next morning before we hit the Black Friday madness, we tried The Original Pancake House for the first time and it is our new favorite breakfast place! Please go there and then call me so we can discuss their bacon.
 
The next night we went The Cheesecake Factory and of course we can never leave without taking a slice home to share. Also, have you ever tried the Louisiana Chicken there?! You really, really, really need to.

The shopping...

 
We managed to get to the outlets, the mall, Target, and Scheels ALL IN ONE DAY. And no, we couldn't feel our feet, thanks for asking. But it really wasn't too bad when your shopping partner is as goofy as that guy.

 
Also, I feel it is my duty to share that this candle at Target smells EXACTLY the same as Anthro's Capri Blue and is $10. Now Anthro, please don't sue.
 
The decorating...
 
 
 
Bren took some darling pics after we got our Christmas decorations up Saturday, I'll have to share them all sometime. It's amazing what a tree with some lights can do for someone's little spirit. Also, while we were at Target smelling all the candles, Bren really wanted a pine-scented one because he wanted our condo to smell like Christmas- HA! So I think next year we may just need to get a real tree, they just seem so festive- does anyone have any insight or opinions on this?
 
 
A few little suprises...
 
 
Surprise tickets to a Utah basketball game. As you can tell from the seats behind us, it was PACKED! Haha. My $4 box of sour patch kids kept me entertained. Brennan tells me I feel like his little girl sometimes...I wonder why...hehe.
 
 
Watching Bren teach the whole primary lesson on Daniel & the Lions Den to our rowdy 11 year olds. For some reason, watching him teach MELTS ME. The stories he tells from his mission, the way he draws on the white board, seriously- his top 5 cutest moments. He always naps longer than me on Sundays, and I'm always dying for him to wake up because I rrrrreally miss him. Is that weird? It's totally weird, but I just want to hang out with him because he's so fun.
 
 
Walking in on Sunday cuddles with Ezzie.. Usually cuddling at age 3 is NOT cool...but who can resist uncle Bubby?
 
 
Coming home last night and finding these in the mail was a pleasant surprise since they told us it would be around two months until we'd get them! Feelin' official over in condo 834. I would show you the passport pictures but you'd die laughing- I was not blessed with the photogenic gene, and Amanda Bynes tweeted it best: "I want all the ugly shots of me deleted from the internet- that's what makes me feel ugly."
 
LOL 
 
WAIT- One last thing. I have lived my entire blog life never understanding WHY I could not reply to comments! I just thought I wasn't seeing a button everyone else was seeing? So I finally googled it and fixed it so this is no longer an awkward one sided conversation and I can thank you because every single comment makes me smile real big when I read it. Glad I could explain myself, I'll let you go now.
 
xoxo
 
 

8 comments:

  1. haha i love that your husband wanted a christmas-y candle cause austin did too! real trees are definitely the way to go! also, that picture of you with the ornament is completely adorable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry! Husbands who love the smell of Christmas are AWESOME. Also life in MADRID is looking AMAZING! And your vlog post just made me LOL. I ALWAYS wonder how these girls have sooooo many products! Like do they not have to pay rent? Anyways haha, xoxo.

      Delete
  2. you're so funny! this post made me smile :) teaching primary with your husband is the best ever, i melted when my fiance taught my primary class! for some reason, they pay more attention to him than me. they're so rowdy when i teach, but they're little angels when he teaches! not fair haha

    xoxo, kiely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it made you smile! And AMEN AMEN AMEN!!! Why are they so good for them and bad for us?! I don't understand. But I'm sure that's part of why they look so cute when they are teaching. xoxo!

      Delete
  3. What a fun Thanksgiving weekend! Nothing beats eating, shopping, and decorating for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! I hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving!!! xoxo :)

      Delete
  4. My husband and I went crazy this past Black Friday. Do I regret it? Not at all. Sad I didn't get any sweaters as cute as yours though.

    Such a fun blog. Glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! you two are the cutest! so glad i found your blog!

    ReplyDelete