Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Highlights of the Christmas Season

(...and one picture to show for it, because we've been too busy having fun to remember to document it, whoops...)


>> The Glenn's darling Christmas party that included homemade Café Rio, Chili's chips and salsa, the cutest drink station you've ever seen, and lots of fun games. They call Grace the Country Club Woman for a reason.

>> All these people sending out Christmas cards out the goodness of their hearts and not even getting any graduation money back or anything ;) --I loved seeing all of them! One year we will do one...one year.

>> 2 Sub-for-Santa opportunities for a family friend in need.

>> My grandma's prime rib and minute-to-win-it games at the Anderson Christmas party.

>> A nail appointment on Christmas Eve-Eve with my Ar.

>> Seeing our niece and nephews get so excited when Santa showed up at the Gregory's on Christmas Eve. I wish we could all believe in Santa forever. Also, that app that puts Santa in front of your tree and looks so real!? Genius!

>> Waking up to a WHITE CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! And the fact that I was actually excited about snow for once--that's another miracle.

>> Such thoughtful gifts from the best families that we really don't deserve.

>> Talking to our ELDER GREGORY!!! He is too adorable for words and doing so so well.

>> Seeing UNBROKEN. Louis Zamperini (= my new hero) taught me that I can do HARD THINGS and with a GOOD ATTITUDE! That movie also taught me there actually are worse things in life than being eaten by a shark.

>> Having our own little present exchange Christmas NIGHT this year, which was really fun because it made Christmas last all day! AND...

>> Being able to still surprise Bren with a few gifts he wasn't expecting. I have always loved giving gifts. I saw this quote floating around social media this year that explained why I love it so much: "Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It's like this tangible thing that you can point to and say, 'Hey man, I love you this many dollars worth'." AMEN Steve Carell!

>> My Made by Mary necklaces that are so sweet and personal they melted my heart into a big puddle on the floor.

>> Remembering the CHRIST in Christmas. Ever since I was a little girl I would never spell Christmas with an X because I thought it was a big fat sin-- still do. This video was the perfect reminder of the first and most important gift, ever. It is because of Him that we can be married & merry forever :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. unrelated to the post.. but your hair is super pretty!

    ReplyDelete