Monday, July 7, 2014

America's 238th Birthday

This year's 4th of July was the BEST YET. Probably because it fell on a Friday this year, which meant a loooooong weekend. And we made sure to soak up every second of it!
 
We kicked off the weekend EXTRA early on Wednesday by starting with Frozen Hot Chocolates from Island Flavor (that dumpy but darling green van behind us) and then coming home to watch Lone Survivor, a very fitting movie for the occasion, if you ask me.
 
 
After work Thursday we headed straight down to Provo for their Food Truck Roundup with Morgan, Ted, and little Luke. I had the best corndog of my life that day from Corndog Commander. 1 foot long, dizzled with honey, then dipped in mustard or ketchup? That's HAPPINESS in my book.


 
Bren, Mo, and Ted had Fiore pizza. They definitely had the coolest food truck and Pizzeria Limone-like pizzas!

 
 Friday, Bren golfed in the morning and I headed to the gym and Orange Peel with my best friend AKA mom. Almond Protein sweetened with agave or Stevia instead of sugar and add spinach and kale. Your body will thank you.

 
Then that night we headed to Sugarhouse Park! Brennan and his family have been going there since pretty much the beginning of time. Really though, Bren has never done anything else for the 4th of July! I kind of love the tradition, plus- the fireworks really can't be beat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Saturday was spent at the gym and pool, followed by a slurpie run. Brennan had me work out with him this time and the next morning I woke up so sore I couldn't lift my arms. Husband and personal trainer all in one?

 

 

 
 That night we went to Alamexo and City Creek with my parents. This time we ordered the Carne Asada tacos, and Bren said it is the best meal he's EVER had. Woah there. He told me we are going there when he graduates in a few weeks, and I'm not complaining. Also, if you ask for another plate of churros, they will give them to you for FA-REE!

 
After church and naps on Sunday we BBQ'd and had another firework show. Bren was playing with those little Pop-Its with the kids and he told Ez to squeeze one in between his fingers (don't ask me why, I don't think that's safe). He tried really hard and then said, "My no have muscles." Then when we did sparklers, Greta grabbed hers and started singing Katy Perry's "Firework" and dancing all around. Can I adopt them???

 

 
 Happy Birthday America! We LOVE to celebrate you.
 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post! Your photos are awesome! Keep them coming! Even though we are far away I love getting a glimpse into your life!

    ReplyDelete