Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Struggle

Everday,
I struggle with the same thing:
what to put in my body.
I have always been into healthy foods.
When I was little, I didn't order kids meals from McD's, no way.
Salad shakers all the way!
And I've always been OBSESSED with fruit.

Even though you wouldn't believe it after reading my last post,
(footlong corndog anyone?)
I really do try to eat well,
not necessarily to lose weight,
but just to be nice to my body.
Because you can't control everything in life,
but you can control what you choose to eat everyday.

But trying to eat well comes with all these other problems.
Like not always knowing what to eat.
So stopping by Whole Foods almost every morning before work,
and buying this "Superfood Salad" that looks so healthy it might give me wings or a 6 pack,

 
 
for ELEVEN DOLLARS AND FORTY TWO CENTS.
Now, I plan eating this for 2 lunch days,
but still,
$11.42 people.
 
Well, it gets worse.
1- It didn't even taste that great.
2- It didn't even fill me up. (Even with eating an apple with it too.)
 
And that's not just with this salad,
it's with everything!
 
Also, a blackberry splattered on my new dress this morning.
There's another problem.
 
So what do I do?
Start eating fast food everyday? That would be 5 times cheaper.
Should I shave my tastebuds off my tongue?
How do you healthy people do it?
What are you eating for lunch?
 
I need some help.
So if any of my 18 followers
or anyone who happens to stubble across my little corner of the internet
happens to have any advice on the matter,
it would be GREATLY appreciated.
 
Sincerely,
 
Healthy is Hard


5 comments:

  1. Ah I hear ya! Eating healthy is SO expensive and frustrating because a lot of times it's not filling. I started the WiO Diet and LOVE it. I have 3 meal replacement shakes (protein shakes) a day plus a real meal like chicken and vegetables. I've lost 9 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks, I feel SO much better, I have more energy, and I'm not starving myself. The shakes are super easy to make and they have a million different flavorings you can put in them so you're not having the same shake everyday. I have a lot of energy, and my work outs seem to go a lot more smooth. My skin is even better. Seriously the benefits are amazing. It's about $400 a month, but that includes your food and coaching every week. The coaching is where you go in and they weigh your water weight, body mass, skeletal weight, body fat, etc. They tell you what you need to be doing to see results and how to feel better. I absolutely love it, and I'm saving money because I'm not spending $100 on groceries every week and eating out for lunches or dinners. You should try it out and see if you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also-I love your sandals. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I honestly don't remember how I came across your blog, but I follow cause your posts are too adorable. I have no advice for this but I read it to my husband because we struggle with this...so hard. so if you ever figure it out, let us know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eating cheap AND healthy is such a challenge. I find the easiest thing for me to do is make a big ole batch of pasta salad (I use whole wheat pasta but you could swap in farro or quinoa or lentils) and throw in any vegetables I have on hand, a can of chickpeas or beans (which are DIRT cheap), and dress it with lemon juice, olive oil, a little mustard, and salt and pepper. Add a piece of fruit and you've got a healthy and inexpensive lunch!

    Also, if you're like me and need a little bit of sweet, bake up a quick bread (like banana or zucchini) and eat a slice in the afternoon with a cup of tea. Totally hits the spot and doesn't ruin your calorie count for the day.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eating cheap AND healthy is such a challenge. I find the easiest thing for me to do is make a big ole batch of pasta salad (I use whole wheat pasta but you could swap in farro or quinoa or lentils) and throw in any vegetables I have on hand, a can of chickpeas or beans (which are DIRT cheap), and dress it with lemon juice, olive oil, a little mustard, and salt and pepper. Add a piece of fruit and you've got a healthy and inexpensive lunch!

    Also, if you're like me and need a little bit of sweet, bake up a quick bread (like banana or zucchini) and eat a slice in the afternoon with a cup of tea. Totally hits the spot and doesn't ruin your calorie count for the day.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete