Tuesday, July 29, 2014

FRIENDS


Our first year of marriage so far has been incredible.
I have laughed for 10 months straight,
and I never thought it would be this good.

But for most of these months,
I have been missing one big, important thing:
FRIENDS.

I mean, not completely.
I'd see them at planned things every few months or so,
but I did a very bad job of going out of my way to see my friends.
My BEST friends who introduced me to Brennan!
I practically owe them my life.
But I just had the hardest time balancing working, being a wife, 2 families, getting Bren through school, and FRIENDS.
I used to think I was just too busy to have a girl's night once a week.
But when something is important to you, you MAKE time for it.

So that's what I did.
And THANKFULLY,
my friends were all for it too.
For the past month or so,
I've been seeing my friends at least twice a week,
and my happiness has been THROUGH THE ROOF!

We've been makeup shopping (I sadly can't pull off the Kylie Jenner lip),
roamed Target,
ate Pizzeria Limone (Kit introduced me to their Caesar salad with chicken...that dressing!) ,
got our eyebrows threaded,
chatted for hours on my couch,
and on Saturday,
we went to the farmer's market,
City Creek (finally got my first Alex + Ani bangle!),
The Dodo,
drove around and looked at houses,
and played Settlers of Catan (yes, that board game from the 90s) with our boys that night,
along with raspberry shakes from the raspberries we picked up at the farmer's market.

So moral of the story:
Don't forget about your friends when you get married or get a serious boyfriend.
Because even though being married is THE BEST,
your best girlfriends do something for you that no one else can.
Balance in everything you know?
I'm so glad I finally figured that out.
Sorry it took so long friends.
Love you.


4 comments:

  1. SOOOOO true!!! It's hard to balance new responsibilities but you make time for things that are important to you

    Oursweetthingcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the hardest things about getting married, seeing friendships fall away. I love this idea of how you got everyone together! Definitely going to have to do this!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah i totally agree, girls nights are a must! it's rough going from always being with your friends to hardly seeing them. &&&& the shirt you asked me about in my post is from j.crew last summer :)
    -k

    ReplyDelete