Friday, August 16, 2013

NEW YORK CITY

So the goal was for these pictures to go in order of the trip. But I'm a blogger rookie, and they actually loaded backwards. So like Drake says, start from the bottom.
 
I am so extremely blessed that I got to go to New York City this summer. Let me explain: my dad's business allows him to win trips if he sells enough for the companies he works for. My dad is the hardest worker I know, and because of that, I have been able to go to some amazing places like Greece, Italy, the Caribbean, all different parts of Mexico, and tons of the most beautiful places in the US. You should hear where my parents have traveled to! It really is the best and I am so blessed to have a dad who works so hard for our family. He worked hard to win this trip, but then had to work even harder so my sister, Brennan and I could go too, and he did it! Let's just have a moment of silence for how amazing Lance is.
 
We had to make this trip somewhat quick because my dad and Brennan could only take so much time off with a wedding right around the corner! But I can honestly say we made the most of the time we had there, and it was an absolute blast. Unfortunately, some of my favorite parts of the trip I forgot to photograph, like shopping at Madewell, Tory Burch, and Zara, and eating at my all time favorite restaurant Rosa Mexicano. Here is a run down of our trip:
 
Friday:
-Arrived in NEW YORK CITY
-Dropped our bags off and headed Guy's American, one of New York's best restaurants.
-Explored Times Square
-Shopped 5th Avenue until we couldn't feel our legs.
-My parents and sister then went to dinner, and Brennan and I ate pizza off the street for a dollar a slice, and then shared a lemon bar at Magnolia's bakery. Dinner and dessert for $5, beat that.
-Bren and I then spent the rest of the night exploring the city. We walked to Madison Square Garden, The Rockefeller Center, and Grand Central Station.
 
Saturday:
-Breakfast at a farmer's market in Times Square
-Yankees game
-rested, freshened up, and headed to Rosa Mexicano, a restaurant where a man with a cart full of avocados comes to your table and makes the most amazing guacamole in the world right before your very eyes and their enchiladas melt in your mouth.
-My family headed back to the room (my parents had their own room and Ari shared with Bren and I), and Bren and I headed to Serendipity, the place famous for their frozen hot chocolate. We got there at about eleven thirty at night and there was still an hour wait! We were so glad we waited.
 
Sunday:
-Woke up and headed to central park
-Ate at the famous waffle truck Wafles and Dinges. SO GOOD.
-Strolled Central Park for hours.
-Lance was picked to participate in a street show that was going on there which was hilarious to watch.
-Hurried back to go see MOTOWN, a broadway show that was paid for by the company who sent us on the trip! The show was amazing and the music from it is still stuck in my head.
-Ate at Sardi's, a famous restaurant in New York
-Went to The Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center and saw the entire city from the top of a very very very very very tall building.
-Brennan grabbed some pizza on the street and we headed back to the room.
 
Monday:
-Bren and I woke up early and took the subway to Brooklyn Bridge. It was breath taking and so worth losing a little sleep over.
-Met my family at Shake Shack in Madison Square Park, the absolute favorite New York food.
-Shopped on SoHo (the best shopping in New York) and Canal street for hours.
-Headed back to the hotel to freshen up and take a twenty minute nap.
-My family took a boat ride around the Statue of Liberty and had dinner on the boat while Bren and I went to our SECOND Yankees game. Bren is a huge Yankees fan and I would do anything in the world to make him happy. He was like a little boy there. The first game was during the day, so it was super hot, and they lost, and the second game was a night game which was the perfect temperature and they won, so it was nice to end on a good note!
-Headed back to Manhattan, where Bren grabbed some more pizza on the street and bought some more Yankees stuff at their store in Times Square.
 
The best part of the whole trip was just seeing Brennan experience New York for the first time. He's such a passionate person and it was so cool to see him fall so in love with all the New York has to offer. I can't wait until we can visit again together!

 
 
 
 
 



























Brennan LOVES Star Wars. He wanted this shirt so bad so I bought it for him before the trip, and when I surprised him with it, he tried it right on, ran to my full length mirror to check himself out, and said, "I have no idea how you can keep your hands off me right now."




 










No comments:

Post a Comment