Wednesday, August 7, 2013

One for the books...I mean blog


I wish I could show you EVERYTHING.

But since that's not bride etiquette, I'm going to tell you everything about it.

First of all, there is a LOT that needs to be done just for this day. Let me break it down for you. It will blow your mind.

Months before the Bridals:
-Found the perfect dress
-Found him the perfect suit
-Had a few dress and suit fittings
-Found the perfect shoes and accessories for the both of us
-Booked our photographer
-Booked our florist

Weeks before:
-Had not 1, not 2, but 3 wedding hair trial runs
-Had a makeup trial run
-Chose the location for the shoot

The day before:
-Spray tan
-Nails & toes
-Eyebrows threaded
-Lashes filled

THE DAY OF:

I set my alarm for 8:30 but woke up restless, excited, and anxious at 8. I showered and headed to my airbrush makeup appointment at 11. She had so many brides that day so that was the only time she could fit me in, but it stayed on ALL DAY, through tears, sweat, you name it. It looked perfect and I was on my way to my hair appointment. My hair girl created my DREAM HAIR. It was even better than all of the trial runs we did before. I got back home at around 2:30 and had to sit straight up for 3 HOURS so I wouldn't mess anything up. Beauty is pain my friends.

At 5:45 my mom and I got everything together and headed to Midway, where we took our pictures. Brennan and his mom met us there because it was so important to me that Brennan didn't see me until the first look. We both parked our cars away from each other and changed into our wedding attire. We still could kind of see each other if we tried, and I peaked, but he DIDN'T! He was taking this first look thing very seriously.

My mom, Bren, and our photographer started walking to our first shooting spot and I stayed back with Terri, Bren's mom. Once he was turned around and waiting, we walked over there and I stood right behind him. Alix counted to three and he turned around.

It was the most magical moment in my life to date. I felt so beyond beautiful in his eyes, and that is all I cared about. There was nothing like being Brennan's bride for the night and him being my handsome groom. AND he got to have his wedding ring on for the night! I love when that thing's on his finger. We can't wait until the next time we are in those clothes and MARRIED. We both just wanted to run to the temple tonight. I have a video of his reaction that I can't wait to post after the wedding.

Brennan looked FLAWLESS. Absolutely perfect. His suit fit him like a glove, his shoes are amazing, the tie could not be more perfect, and I cannot believe he is MY groom. Is it ok that he took MY breath away?

After we finished all the shots and said, "that's a wrap!" we changed back and I rode with Bren and our moms rode together to dinner. First thing Brennan said was, "I would give anything to relive that again." It was such a special and romantic day, and we left even more in love with each other than we were before.


Just some advice for future brides...

Everything about tonight went absolutely PERFECT- except for when mid-picture I all of the sudden felt like I was going to faint. I had to sit down for a minute and Alix said she has this happen to so many brides! Isn't that crazy? I think it was just the nerves, not drinking enough water today, being in a very fitted dress in the heat, and accidentally locking my knees. Everyone was so patient with me, especially my sweet Brennan. I felt much better after sitting down for a minute and we carried on!

So here's some advice to my fellow brides: eat and drink enough that day, make sure your dress is comfortable, and make sure to bend your knees. (while also trying to keep your shoulders back and your tummy in. IT'S NOT EASY.) Also, get your makeup professionally done. They will do your makeup for photography so you look great in every single angle and picture. Plus it will look just as good at the end of the night as it did when you first get it done. It really is so important. The only thing you will need to touch up are your lips, and if you get an amazing lip stain that doesn't move all day you won't even need to do that! So DO IT.  One more thing! Alix told us about this tonight because I got eaten alive during our engagements. If you rub a dryer sheet all over yourself, you will not get bit by bugs! It really works. And most outside locations you go to for pictures are filled with bugs, so I promise you will not regret taking a minute to rub a Bounce sheet where your skin is exposed. Last thing- run this by your photographer but wear a random pair of heels to your Bridals because your real wedding shoes will get dirty. I didn't think of this and wish I would have! 

Now you know! (insert wink emoji here)

Xoxo ALMOST Ashley Gregory



5 comments:

  1. that tweet! ahhh i love everything about this post! i feel like you started this blog at the most perfect point in time, how fun will it be to look back on it all someday? and to show your kids! remind me when you guys get married again?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. k i am using ALL of these tips and you just made me SOOO EXCITED!!! AH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Ky, I can't thank you enough for starting this blog for me! It's September 19th, so you can make it to the wedding before your mission! You better be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OLIVIA! Yay! I'm glad someone will use you. I promise you they will make life so much easier. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see pictures! SOOOO freaking exciting! And that tweet? So cute.

    ReplyDelete