Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Letter to Our Future Children

To my little ones,

Even though you are not here with us yet, we really can't wait for you to be. But we have to wait a little while, because you're kind of expensive (worldly stuff, you'll hear all about it down here)-so we're saving, and I need some time alone with your dad- I know, selfish- but you'll understand why once you meet him. You see, we've been married for one whole year now, and it's been the best year of my life. We've learned so much about each other. I hope we're living up to your hopes and dreams of who you want as parents someday. We are far from perfect, but we are one thing-madly in love. Your dad loves me so so so much, I know it and can feel it everyday. But my love for your dad...there are no words for it, and since I can never find words good enough, I tell him every single day that he is my little miracle. More like my huge, gigantic miracle, but I don't want to come on too strong, you know? Kidding, kidding. But I thought it was fitting to write you this letter on our one year mark because you are the primary reason I keep this blog, and I just wanted to tell you a little bit about your dad why he is a miracle in my life.

Your dad graduated from college a few months ago. It isn't easy, it takes years, and hours and hours of homework, but it is SO worth it. We will work so hard so you guys can go too! Even though he is done with school, he never stops learning. He is always reading self help books, insurance books, and his scriptures. He is an insurance agent now and is working his tail off for our family. Sometimes, well very rarely actually, he gets stressed because he wants to provide for you guys, but he always stays positive, and that is something I admire about him.

He makes me laugh every single day. He is the funniest person I know, and I know you will think so too. He sings me funny little songs every morning as he's getting ready for work. I need to record one sometime, but I'm always too busy laughing my head off. But I'm sure he'll sing little songs for you too. Your dad is loved by everyone. I've never heard anyone say a bad word about him. He plays on little sports teams with his friends since high school, and he always tells me how he can't wait to coach your teams. He says you can play any sport you want, except football because it's too injury-prone. But I promise you we will support you in whatever you want to do. We can't wait to be your number one fans.

I know how good of a dad he will be by the way he loves your cousins. The first thing he does when he sees them is picks them up and kisses them to death-so be prepared. But really, I have never seen anything more precious in my life. I can't even comprehend how much he will love you if he loves them that much. It actually makes me cry thinking of the love you guys will feel from him.

Your dad has a strong testimony of the gospel, and when he shares it, it makes him cry-and not just a few tears. This may embarrass you when you're teenagers, but I've always thought it was adorable. It's something I love most about your dad- that he has an emotional side. We belong to a church that allows our family to be sealed and live together forever, and because of that I am forever grateful.

I don't know much, but I know that I love your dad, and that I ALWAYS will. 

We love you so much already and can't wait to meet you one day.

-Your Future Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment