Friday, September 26, 2014

Celebrating Year 1

Our 1st Anniversary weekend may have been even better than our honeymoon. Brennan and I kept saying that the whole time! Something about just knowing eachother even better, loving each other 365 times more than the day you got married, and being able to look back on so many married memories made it so fun.

The day of our anniversary, Bren said, "I think I love you more now than I did on our honeymoon!" like he was surprised or something, and I said, "Well let's hope so!" I LOVE THAT BOY.

On Friday we both worked because we wanted to take Monday off and stay longer in Park City. We planned on going to the temple to do sealings after work but it took longer to pack than we thought, so we just went and walked around the temple grounds. It is BREATHTAKING right now! Almost as much magic in the air as there was a year ago that day.





(Side note- I have been getting a lot of emails about this jumpsuit, which make me so flattered! I saw it on J. Crew's site over the summer for waaaay too much money- but I admired it, and LOVED that it had sleeves! It's hard to find those. Well I kept checking back, and they knocked it down half price, but still too expensive. Then one day they were having an extra 40% percent off sale, and it was totally affordable! I even went to the store to order it so I could get an extra 15% off with my student discount. But small warning: when it came, the legs weren't as skinny as they looked on the model, so I got it altered for just $14. It is still on their site but for a lot more then the $80 I paid for it...but if you love it, keep watching it, it will go down! Also, order a size down, I thought it ran a little big. QUITE THE STORY, I'm done now haha.)

We then headed over to The Copper Onion just in time for our reservation. We've been wanting to try it for a while but had been saving it for a special occasion! I took one bite of their beef stroganoff and my life was changed forever.

And then it was up to Park City! We checked into our room and dived into our cake.


I have to give a quick shout out to my cake lady. On our wedding day, the cake went so fast that I just said to go ahead and serve it all. But as our anniversary was coming up, I was kind of bummed that we didn't have any saved in the freezer! So I sent her an email asking how much a small cake would be for our one year and this was her reply:
"Hi Ashley!

So nice to hear from you! We would be happy to make an anniversary cake for you! Just let me know what flavor you would like and we’ll have it ready for you on the 9/19. A 6” round cake is complimentary… Just let me know what you’d like.

Congratulations on your anniversary!"
---
Is there any sweeter sound than the word "complimentary"? Especially to poor newlyweds! Let me tell you something- Julie from Layers Cakes is the best cake lady in town, and I will tell everyone to use her for the rest of my life.

Pumpkin chocolate chip with salted carmel frosting anyone? We ate it for breakfast the next morning too.

We then gifted eachother with scheduled golf tee times and gift cards and money for SHOPPING, my second love in life.
The rest of the weekend, we partied hard

...with NyQuil.

Yep, we both woke up with colds. Bummer, but not really. Because there's something about a hotel bed and a TV right in front of your face with nowhere to be that says: "Let's watch football and movies for hours on end." We loved relaxing and not feeling guilty about it!

My sweet husband who ran to the store and got me all this goodness.

But we still made time to eat at some great restaurants- Davanza's, Sammy's Bistro, Windy Ridge Cafe, and Java Cow, shopping at the outlets, hot tubbing, and some BE-A-UTIFUL scenic drives.





I won't lie, it's kind of nice when your husband gets a nice camera and uses you as his practice-object! (Except for when I get attacked by mosquitos.) Now if only I had the patience to learn how to use it...

Best weekend, best husband.

But maybe that's because it doesn't matter what you're doing but who you're doing it with.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment