Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The only dessert I ever make...

Our Labor Day weekend pretty much consisted of Bren buying a car and making peach pies. Since car shopping is one of the not-so-fun parts of life and no one wants to hear about that, here is a peach pie recipe for you:
 
 
 
PEACH PIE
(my grandma's recipe)
 
You will need:
2 cups boiling water
1 cup cold water
2 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/8 tsp. salt
1 3 0z. peach jello
1/4 cup lemon juice
10-12 large peaches, peeled and sliced
8 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 baked pie shells
whipped cream
 
 
Prepare 2 pie shells, set aside. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. In a separate bowl, make paste of 1 cup cold water, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add to boiling water. Stir well, cooking over medium heat until thick (about 3 minutes). Add dry Jello. Stir and cook one minute. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.Chill in freezer, stirring frequently. Add sliced peaches to Jello mixture.
 
In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar. Spread cream cheese mixture in bottom of 2 pie crusts. Pour Jello and peaches over cream cheese. Refrigerate until completely set. Serve with whipped cream.
 
 
Over the past 2 weeks, I have made NINE of these pies. Don't worry, not all for me. For family, friends, and neighbors, because I have to share my all time favorite dessert with everyone!
 
So if you want a peach pie, let me know. I'm looking for any excuse to make them.
 
xoxo
 
Oh and P.S.
 
...
 
Let's give it up for SEPTEMBER. Peach season, fashion week, beginning of fall, and my wedding anniversary! (I'm even working on finally putting my wedding pictures on here...only took me a year!) We all know the months that end in 'b-e-r' are the best months, and this is the start!
 
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment