Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Downtown Date Night

We started our Labor Day weekend off by going to the last Twilight concert of the year. My friends' band, Westward the Tide was the opening band and I was so excited. This is huge for them!
 
We went with our good friends Sean & Tay, who happened to have VIP passes, which got us free drinks, food if we wanted, and these lovely blow-up couches- which I thought was kind of hilarious.
 
 
They. Were. GREAT. I love being a band groupie.

 
 
Bren awkwardly holding his VIP pass...
 
Then we headed over to Avenues Proper for some grub. It's right where you guessed it would be- tucked away in the Avenues. It was our first time going there and it did not disappoint!

 
Funny story- we were sitting waiting for our table and I turned to Bren and said, "Babe look how many pizza ovens they have!" ...Bren informed me those were for beer...

 
Bren ordered their burger and it was TO DIE FOR. I had at least 3 bites. And couldn't stop myself from eating those fries.

 
I got adventurous and ordered one of their most popular items- small plate version: CHICKEN & WAFFLES. It's hard to see, but under that egg is chicken sausage-sounds weird, tastes amazing. I would totally order it again.
 
After dinner we headed next door to Hatch Family Chocolates. I've heard so much about it and couldn't wait to try it!

 
We ended our downtown date with a frozen hot chocolate- HEAVEN. (Sorry about the bad iPhone pics, sometimes you just don't want to haul around a big camera, you know?)
 
xoxo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment